Weld Associate 2nd Shift
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lift stamped parts from bins and place in weld fixtures
- Activate robotic assembly by pressing palm buttons
- Lift completed assemblies from weld fixtures
- Visually check quality of all welds, studs, nuts, and child parts on all assemblies
- Identify and report all quality concerns to Team Leader
- Identify and report all safety concerns to Team Leader
- Complete periodic, as scheduled, all stud, nut and driver checks on all assemblies
- Maintain daily housekeeping of work cell to ensure a clean work environment
- Maintain TPM schedule to ensure uptime of machinery
- Remove all tags from incoming totes and carts and turn in to team leader
- Fill out and apply tags to all completed assemblies
- Adhere to all quality, safety, productivity and delivery policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, and delivery
- Maintain a high level of quality workmanship at all times to ensure JSC meets the HMA requirements
- Perform any specially implemented checks that are required to maintain and ensure conforming products are being produced
- Other duties as required by management
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Prior knowledge of production processes preferred
Environmental & Physical Demands:
The environmental conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the essential duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, sharp objects and constant loud noise. The employee is regularly required to: use their hands to touch and handle objects; hear; see, including close vision; stand for long hours; stoop; kneel; bend; and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Jefferson Southern Corporation, or JSC, is a Tier One automotive supplier. This means that we produce and sell parts that are ready to be installed in automobiles. Our parts are stamped out of steel and then welded. We produce several parts that are part of the “white body” or interior shell of the car. These parts are not very visible after the vehicle is completed, but they are vital to the strength, safety and performance of the car.
Jefferson Southern Corporation offers our employees a variety of benefit programs to meet their needs. Jefferson Southern Corporation provides Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Telemedicine coverage, and 401K for all employees and some benefits are at no cost.
To be selected for an interview, please complete the following assessment after applying: