Stamping Process Engineer
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan and establishes sequence of operations to stamp parts and to promote efficient utilization.
- Reviews production schedules, engineering specifications, orders and related information to obtain knowledge of process methods, procedures and activities.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods and the effect of production design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, material, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Coordinates and implements quality control objectives, activities, or procedures to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, or minimize costs.
- Recommends methods for improving utilization of of personal, materials and utilities.
- Develops manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Confers with clients, vendors, staff and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Utilize statistical methods and performing mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements and production standards.
- Provide analysis of failures and interpret test results, and complete root cause investigations.
- Prepare reports for management review of maintenance operating system metrics, major issues and root cause.
- Creation, implementation and updating of all stamping process instructions and operation standards.
- Works with Quality to understand root cause for customer concerns (HTR/DTR) and reports out through 5P evaluation.
- Works with Manger to develop, update and execute department yearly plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or 5 - 7 Years Process Engineering/Technician experience.
- 2 – 5 years management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of stamping presses, press automation, and stamping operations. High Volume Metal Stamping experience preferred
- Lean Manufacturing/JIT environment experience required
- Automotive Industry experience preferred
Environmental & Physical Demands:
The environmental conditions and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the essential duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, sharp objects and constant loud noise. The employee is regularly required to: use their hands to touch and handle objects; hear; see, including close vision; stand for long hours; stoop; kneel; sit; climb; balance; and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Jefferson Southern Corporation, or JSC, is a Tier One automotive supplier. This means that we produce and sell parts that are ready to be installed in automobiles. Our parts are stamped out of steel and then welded. We produce several parts that are part of the “white body” or interior shell of the car. These parts are not very visible after the vehicle is completed, but they are vital to the strength, safety and performance of the car.
Jefferson Southern Corporation offers our employees a variety of benefit programs to meet their needs. Jefferson Southern Corporation provides Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Telemedicine coverage, and 401K for all employees and some benefits are at no cost.