Material Services and Production Control Manager
To supervise all areas of MS/PC and to handle any and all problems that arise in a timely and efficient manner.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Plan, communicate, and implement effective production control system.
- Develop production control and material services standards, policies and related systems that will ensure minimal defects in delivery and minimal waste of resources.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to and follow-up on customer quality inquiries and/or complaints.
- Manage delivery corrective action and customer satisfaction programs.
- Manage, train, coach and mentor all subordinates in MS/PC.
- Facilitate successful continuous improvement activities.
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve delivery/inventory targets (OTD).
- Maintain accurate inventory levels up to a sig sigma level (99.99%)
- Participate in company’s efforts towards successful ISO/TS efforts.
- Oversee scheduling associates and confirm accuracy of weekly orders
- Act as point of contact for all customer related inquires.
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
- Coordinate inbound, internal & outbound deliveries
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation as it relates to logistics, parts procurement, material handling, warehousing, production scheduling and inventory control
- Coordinate inbound
- Conduct New Model Ramp Up and Build Out Ramp Down Plans
- Participate in Production Capacity Plans
- Lead all S&OP (Sales & Operation Planning) Process
- Maintain good CRM (Customer Relationship Management & SRM (Supplier Relationship Management)
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
- Automotive Industry Experience Preferred.
- 3-5 Years of Management Experience
- Able to manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and inventory management software
- APICS certification a plus but not a requirement
- Must Perform Line Side Presentation Delivery Metrics & Material Flow Process
- Must have basic understanding of Lean Concepts
- Must be able to work in a JIT (Just-In-Time Environment)
Jefferson Southern Corporation, or JSC, is a Tier One automotive supplier. This means that we produce and sell parts that are ready to be installed in automobiles. Our parts are stamped out of steel and then welded. We produce several parts that are part of the “white body” or interior shell of the car. These parts are not very visible after the vehicle is completed, but they are vital to the strength, safety and performance of the car.
Jefferson Southern Corporation offers our employees a variety of benefit programs to meet their needs. Jefferson Southern Corporation provides Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life Insurance and AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Telemedicine coverage, and 401K for all employees and some benefits are at no cost.