This position supports the work of the Paulding Library and Charger Learning Commons by serving the faculty, students, and staff of Georgia Highlands College. They are tasked with social media presence for GHC Libraries Services, as well as assisting with typical library functions, such as circulation, events/programs, maintaining a popular book collection, and professional development.
- Provides circulation, public service, and reference assistance to library patrons
- Opens/closes the Charger Learning Commons as assigned and performs tasks to prepare for daily operation that ensures a student friendly appearance of the Charger Learning Commons, including updating signage, shelving books, and printer/copier maintenance
- Train, schedule, and supervise student assistants
- Assists patrons in person and by telephone with questions, resources for check out/check in, assign study rooms, copying, troubleshooting, testing registration, proctoring, and library Chat
- Processes GIL Express and Intercampus Loan requests
- Maintains and inventories office and library supplies, and communicates supply needs to public and administrative services library associate.
- Updates library social media accounts and posts as often as is typical of best practices
- Assists with collection development, in particular the poptitle collection
- Attends meetings, training sessions, workshops, and webinars
- Performs related duties
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an associate’s degree or two years work experience.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities