This position supports the work of the Paulding Library by serving the faculty, students, and staff of Georgia Highlands College. They are tasked with social media presence for GHC Libraries and Testing Services. Typical library functions, such as circulation, events/programs, maintaining a popular book collection, and professional development are equally key to success. Incumbent serves on at least one library working group.
- Updates library social media accounts and posts as often as is typical of best practices
- Provides circulation, public service, and reference assistance to library patrons
- Performs opening and closing duties of the library
- Receives, processes, shelves and/or distributes library materials; maintains college library reserve and periodicals materials; updates related records; and creates bibliographic and serials control records
- Researches, reccomends, promotes, operates, and maintains innovative library technology such as: drones, 3D printers, etc.
- Processes GIL Express and Intercampus Loan requests
- Maintains and inventories office and library supplies, and communicates supply needs to Library administrative assistant
- Assists with collection development, in particular the poptitle collection
- Attends meetings, training sessions, workshops, and webinars
- Performs related duties
- Associates degree or higher, preferably with social media experience
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial transcripts if applicable
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Apply Before Date
The first review of applications will occur two weeks after the initial positing.