Audio Visual Technician I
This is a skilled technical position, duties to include set up, inspection, adjustments, maintenance, operation and repair of AV equipment. AV staff will be responsible for supporting live events and classes to cover the use of microphones, video recorders, projectors, automated control systems (Extron and Crestron) and sound mixing equipment.
- Provides technical assistance to faculty, staff and students; provides equipment use instructions.
- Provides front line telephone, email, web and in person client and technical support to faculty, staff and students.
- Troubleshoot and repair various audio and video equipment issues in classrooms.
- Reserves and set up audio and video equipment as requested by faculty, staff and students.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of audio-visual equipment.
- Assist with basic client support duties within the Information Technology Services Division.
- Performs related duties.
- This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust.
- High School Diploma and one to two years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Associates degree in related field.
Commensurate with experience and education.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of information technology best practices.
- Knowledge of information technology systems and internal controls.
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment installation, operation, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of computer and AV networking.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in the provision of end user support.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- The work consists of related technical duties. Frequent technology changes contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for the operations of the Audio Visual Services unit.
- Success in this position results in the efficient and effective provision of services to end users.
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically performed indoors.
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity institution, Georgia Highlands College is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, promoting and educating persons without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Any individuals requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application, selection or employment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources at 706-802-5136. GHC expects successful applicants to share this commitment.