The Property Manager is the primary representative of management to the residents and the public. This employee has the direct responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the assigned community. The Property Manager is the management vehicle for implementing all of the policies and procedures established by Northwest Georgia Housing Authority (NWGHA).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the business office for the efficient operations of the community; ensuring the business office is open and operational in accordance with established guidelines and NWGHA policy.
- Understands and complies with property program specific guidelines; demonstrates ability and comprehension of Tax Credit Handbook navigation.
- Conducts initial applicant interviews to determine income and other tax credit eligibility.
- Process all income verifications and prepares tax credit eligibility calculations in a timely manner.
- Works closely with Compliance Specialist to obtain additional information, correct errors, and complete the Tenant Income Certification (TIC) as needed.
- Follows up with applicants to ensure a timely move-in.
- Monitors closely and adhere to the recertification schedule, ensuring that annual re-certifications are completed timely. Makes timely and accurate entries in the property management compliance database/software.
- Conducts review of all files, with Compliance Specialist, in preparation for annual State and/or other partner audits; attends all audits and works cooperatively with all auditors and Compliance Specialist to make any corrections needed in a timely manner.
- Maintain visibility; conduct daily outside inspections to ensure it is maintained according to NWGHA standards. Drive through the community daily and walk weekly, noting deficiencies and leaving warnings.
- Review maintenance daily log weekly.
- Responsible for lease enforcement including but not limited to accurate and timely preparation and service of lease violation notices; initiates and processes court actions and attends court proceedings to facilitate evictions, if necessary.
- Monitors building safety, security, cleanliness and general good condition.
- Responds to emergency situations and takes appropriate actions
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Assist in planning and implementing safety and security programs, promote residents’ involvement, and serve as a liaison with the Security Coordinator; assists in the eviction of violent or criminal residents, and maintain a list of emergency telephone numbers as well as enforce safety and fire prevention.
- Supervise on-site staff to conduct daily operations and ensure proper project management activities.
- Establish and maintain all office procedures, files and records, reports and systems as are needed to manage the community according to the policies and procedures of NWGHA regulations.
- Supervise and direct the scheduling of all maintenance necessary to maintain the units.
- Initiate work orders and monitor completion to minimize turn-around time.
- Manage the community facilities of the neighborhood; participate in planning new or remodeled facilities and/or equipment purchases; schedule and administer the use of facilities and equipment as needed.
- Issue lease violations, conference with residents and initiate the eviction process when needed.
- Create and maintain a waiting list of eligible applicants in chronological order.
- Inspect maintenance work to ensure that work orders are completed to ensure that the quality of the work is acceptable. Submit monthly work-order report to the Executive Director.
- Perform move-in, housekeeping and pest control inspections of all units in accordance with NWGHA housekeeping policies and UPCS standards. Initiate work orders for repairs and damages as needed.
- Ensure rent calculations, annual and interim recertifications are completed in accordance with NWGHA policy.
- Place purchase orders for maintenance supplies by established guidelines of NWGHA purchasing procedures.
- Prepare monthly management and occupancy reports as directed by management. Complete and submit to the Executive Director all required reports by established deadlines.
- Responsible for collecting rent and all financial transactions are handled in accordance with all established procedures and NWGHA policy.
- Work closely with Director of Housing in creating and implementing marketing strategies to help maintain established occupancy standards.
- Perform other duties as required by the Executive Director.
- Integrity and Trust – Show consistency between words and actions.
- Protect confidential and sensitive information.
- Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
- Ethics and Values – Engages in open and honest dialogue with others.
- Treat all individuals (residents, staff and guest) respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Customer and Team Focus – Establish and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Demonstrates effective customer relationships.
Education and/or Experience
- Preferably a two-year degree from an accredited college/university, four-year degree a plus.
- Minimum two years’ experience in Property Management, preferably in affordable housing.
- Knowledge for HUD Section 8 programs and initial certification and re-certification.
- Knowledge of tax credit programs a plus.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Strong management, leasing and marketing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of manual and documents.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with resident, community and city agencies.
- Possession of a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License.
- Ability to be insured under the Authority’s vehicle policy.
- Must obtain the PHM/LIHTC Certification within one year of employment.
Job Type: Full-time in Rockmart, GA
Pay: $17.44 - $20.00 per hour
Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com, or qualified applicants may apply in person at 326 West 9th Street, Rome, GA 30165, Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. EOE.