Assistant Maintenance Mechanic
Northwest GA Housing Authority
- An incumbent in this position will perform a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks. These tasks include grounds cleaning, pest control, painting, drywall repair, floor maintenance, when needed, (cleaning, stripping, waxing, floor repair), appliance cleaning, general cleaning of doors, cabinets and toilet fixtures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure on a daily basis all NWGHA developments are free of litter or debris.
- Conduct monthly pest control of all NWGHA developments with the PH Quality Control Inspector.
- Ensures preparation and painting of walls and ceilings with brushes and rollers
- Ensures the cleaning and waxing of floor surfaces and washing of walls and ceilings as needed.
- Ensures that all fixtures are cleaned and sanitized, and removal and application of caulking where needed.
- Ensures the removal and replacement of damaged floor tiles and baseboards.
- Organizes and stocks paint van, ensuring that adequate supplies are available to complete the job assigned.
- Demonstrates initiative, problem solving, productivity, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that roofs are free and clear of any debris.
- Ensures that gutters are free and clear of any debris.
- Integrity and Trust – Show consistency between words and actions.
- Protect confidential and sensitive information.
- Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
- Ethics and Values – Engages in open and honest dialogue with others.
- Treat all individuals (residents, staff and guest) respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Customer and Team Focus – Establish and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Demonstrates effective customer relationships.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General Knowledge of building maintenance.
- Ability to use drill, saws, hand tools, buffer, and tile cutter.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to achieve expected quantity of tasks with minimum supervision, as to standards set by management.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift, stoop and bend repetitively.
- Ability to drive straight shift.
- Willing to work at times in less than desirable conditions (cold, heat, filth)
Education and Experience
- Completion of high school or vocational school.
- A combination of skills from training and experience to achieve expected skills, knowledge and abilities.'