Director - Plant Operations
This position is responsible for directing Georgia Highlands College’s physical plant maintenance functions
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
- Supervises maintenance personnel in the completion of day-to-day maintenance activities and prioritizes and monitors work activities at all campus sites
- Provides electrical and engineering support for campus building projects and repairs and troubleshoots and resolves electrical, HVAC, plumbing and other issues
- Develops prioritized lists of major and minor repair and renovation needs; develops written specifications, scope of work, and drawings; schedules and holds pre-bid meetings; awards contracts; and manages projects and supervises the work of contractors
- Develops and maintains department budgets, capital budgets, and MRR budgets
- Manages campus utilities; analyzes usage and expenditures; and reviews and processes invoices
- Manages custodial services and monitors the cleanliness of buildings and spot-checks supply inventories
- Directs the maintenance of campus grounds; monitors cleanliness of grounds and height of grass; and inspects natural areas and flower beds
- Maintains employee attendance records and reviews and approves payroll reports
- Meets with prospective vendors, architects and consultants
- Maintains and updates facility inventory reports
- Collects and analyzes data needed for space assignment and campus planning
- Prepares and analyzes campus requests for space modifications and/or changes in use
- Performs related duties
- This position requires the incumbent to be accessible by cell phone and other electronic means during and after regular business hours
- Baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Baccalaureate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Construction) or management
- Knowledge and experience in AutoCAD or Sketch-up
Commensurate with experience and education.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Attach unofficial transcripts with your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.