Northwest Georgia Program Coordinator
The Coordinator is responsible for designing, establishing, and overseeing the integrated logistical and support needs of classes, programs and events offered by the department while working as a team member to implement departmental and college goals and objectives.
• Provides on-call coverage evenings and weekends to address immediate facility, staff and/or student issues.
• Develops organizational communication tools to interface with the appropriate departments to provide services.
• Participates in the planning of courses, programs, and/or events, while acting as a liaison with appropriate departments on facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, food service, and other related issues.
• Manages room booking for the department; schedules rooms for all classes and programs; manages the process for scheduling classrooms on our various campuses.
• In collaboration with team members, works to develop a plan to anticipate, troubleshoot and respond to class, program or event needs.
• Participates in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, objectives, short- and long-range planning; develops tracking and evaluation systems for maintaining quality standards aligned with GHC priorities.
• Addresses day-to-day class logistics including class set up, room assignment, changes in time, day, etc.
• Coordinates and administers the purchasing of supplies and/or equipment for the department.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related area with 1-3 years or related experience. An equivalent combination of expereince and/or education is qualifying.
Required Documents to Attach
Resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Knowledge of general accounting and reconciliation policies
• Knowledge and understanding of providing and coordinating resources for educational courses, programs and activities
• Knowledge of scheduling facilities, technology, and equipment.
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community within a flexible work environment.
• Skill in the provision of customer services
• Competent in all Microsoft Office Applications
• PeopleSoft Experience Preferred
• Skill in oral and written communication
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
This position could be based at our Cartersville, Floyd, Heritage Hall, or Paulding location.