This position is responsible for providing admissions counseling services to incoming and prospective students.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies for prospective students in an assigned geographic area
- Coordinates joint enrollment programs for high school students; coordinates activities with high school counselors; provides information concerning the admissions process, admissions decisions, orientation, registration, and financial aid processing
- Coordinates and provides campus/instructional site tours to prospective students
- Enters application data for admissions
- Conducts workshops and coordinates special events and activities designed to boost enrollment
- Prepares outreach and recruitment electronic messages
- Assists with developing recruitment strategies
- Represents the institution at college fairs and community events associated with the recruitment of students
- Assist the campus with its customer service efforts by answering phones, speaking with visitors, and is crossed trained to assist students through the entire enrollment process
- Manages student records within the institutions data base and other software programs associated with recruitment and customer service
- Serves on various committees as assigned
- Performs related duties
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
$14.42 per hour ($30,000 annually)
Required Documents to Attach
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to admissions and student enrollment
• Knowledge admissions requirements
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in management and supervision
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
Three positions available. One at the Floyd Campus, Marietta Site, and Douglasville Site.