Qualifications & Education
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Basic knowledge and experience in cooking for groups.
• Able to follow instructions and communicate effectively.
• Possession of a valid Driver's License or ID.
• Ability to be covered under the Housing Authority's fidelity bond.
• Has never been shown by credible evidence (e.g. a court or jury, a department investigation, or other reliable
evidence) to have abused, neglected, sexually assaulted, exploited, or deprived any person or to have subjected
any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct as evidenced by an oral or
written statement to this effect obtained at the time of application.
• Integrity and Trust – Show consistency between words and actions.
• Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
• Ethics and Values – Engages in open and honest dialogue with others.
• Employee must complete the following trainings within the first year of employment:
o Health & Safety Orientation Training (within the first 90 days)
o CPR/First Aid training (within the first 90 days)
o 4 hours of disease control, cleanliness, hygiene, injury, or illness training
o 2 hours of mandatory reporting/child abuse training
o New Hire Orientation training (before providing any care)
• CACFP training and any required on-going trainings for food, nutrition, or meal planning
• Other trainings may be required to fulfill the job duties
• Ten hours of on-going training must be completed each year following the first year of employment.
• Arrive promptly daily.
• Complete daily paperwork for CACFP program
• Prepare and serve meals according to CACFP guidelines and meal patterns.
• Keep track of food and supplies.
• Submit requests for food and supplies to Academy Director.
• Maintain a clean kitchen/work area.
• Assist in planning meals and shop for groceries.
• Work in a positive manner with all staff to ensure mealtimes are a positive experience for children.
• Assist with other duties as directed by the Academy Director.
• Protect confidential and sensitive information.
• Customer and Team Focus – Establish and maintains effective customer relationships.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with young children and other staff.
• Comply with the criminal records and comprehensive background check(s).