Senior Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement
The Senior Assistant to the Vice President of Advancement provides professional and administrative support to the Vice President and the Advancement Division. The Advancement Division is comprised of the Office of the Vice President, Public Relations and Marketing, Digital Media and GHTV, Alumni Development, Government Relations, Print Services, and the GHC Foundation as an additional entity. The position requires an individual with a high level of initiative, exceptional organization and communication skills and ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast paced environment. The position provides the opportunity to manage budgets and projects, lead special assignments and continue building the infrastructure of a growing college and division. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to problem solve and work independently in a team-oriented environment.
- Serve as a member of the Advancement Division leadership team and a central source of communication and coordination with VP direct reports, college staff and faculty as well as external constituents.
- Provide oversight and management of the division budgets. Conduct day-to-day operational transactions including supplies, purchase and check requisitions, and T&E expense reimbursements. Ensure accurate reconciliation, completeness of supporting documentation and division compliance with institutional and USG policies and procedures.
- Provide input and data management for Raisers Edge and supporting donor file documentation, reporting and analysis.
- Provide administrative support for the Vice President including but not limited to executive communications, scheduling, travel, meeting coordination and event planning.
- Track, monitor and follow the progress of projects, action items, and strategies that emanate from the Vice President and Advancement Division.
- Research and analyze information and assist in preparing reports, presentations, publications and supporting institutional materials.
- Effectively steward confidential information and serve as a trustworthy liaison for the VP.
- Create work flow systems that provide streamlined efficiency and division effectiveness across the institution.
- Communicate effectively with internal administrative and academic offices and the external community so that strong working relationships are built and maintained.
- Provide a main point of contact, coordination and tracking for community engagement activities and sponsorship requests such as (but not limited to) chamber events, community events, and college civic memberships institution wide.
- Provides back-up support to basic accounting function when necessary.
- Provide support for division new hires including paperwork, securing office space, equipment configuration and security access.
- This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust.
- Perform related duties and special assignments as assigned.
Associates degree in communications, marketing, business, higher education or related field and three to five years of related experience.
Bachelor's degree in related field.
Commensurate with experience and education.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficiency in Windows-based programs including MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Advanced budget management experience and MS Excel skills with the ability to learn college operational and financial systems. Experience with Raisers Edge a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with constituents at all levels required.
- Effective writing and report preparation skills required.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to promote process improvements to create institutional efficiencies and ability to scale required.
- Ability to independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines required.
- Competent handling confidential and sensitive issues with judgment, discretion, and diplomacy required.
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Highlands College, as determined by Georgia Highlands College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity institution, Georgia Highlands College is committed to recruiting, hiring, training, promoting and educating persons without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Any individuals requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application, selection or employment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources at 706-802-5136. GHC expects successful applicants to share this commitment.