|Job Description Summary
This position assumes overall responsibility for the college’s controllership functions, including directs, coordinates, and oversees the institution’s various financial, accounting, and treasury operations; establishes financial policies and standards; directs and oversees the operations of the Bursar’s Office, budget/treasury operations, financial system management, payroll, accounts payable, plant fund accounting, accounts receivable; and develops and manages the college’s annual budget.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Provides leadership and supervision on behalf of fiscal affairs for all campus locations, including the compilation and monitoring of revenue, expenditures, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cashiering, general ledger, grants, and budgeting
• Maintains the overall integrity of the financial records and internal control environment of the college while limiting the financial risk to the institution
• Oversees the preparation, maintenance, and control of the college’s operating budget, including management and oversight of internal reports of revenue to ensure realization of income estimates as set forth in the annual Operating Budget; responsible for periodic reviews of expenditure accounts, while coordinating required budget adjustments with the President, Vices President’s, Deans, and/or other department heads
• Interprets and implements policies and procedures, while assuring compliance with federal, state, and local board policies regulations and laws
• Screens, interviews, coaches, and provides leadership, direction, and motivation to direct staff; appraises performance; provides performance feedback; takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff
• Develops program guidelines, procedures, policies, rules, and regulations
• Directs preparation of all internal and external financial statements and supporting schedules for all purposes including audit requirements while requirements while serving as the administrative contact point for the independent auditor’s examinations
• Represents both the internal and external community regarding financial matters
• Provides financial oversight for the institutions public private venture
• Supervises the payroll functions of the college, including the processing of weekly and monthly payrolls, the handling of payroll related issues, and the payment of payroll related liabilities
• Supervises the distribution of financial aid checks, the billing and collection of tuition and fees, and the collection of miscellaneous revenue at all of the institution’s business office locations
• Supervises the general accounting function of the college, including monthly closeout procedures, yearly closeout procedures, billing of grant expenditures, and day-to-day operations
• Supervises the accounts payable functions of the college, including the issuing of vendor checks, the processing of all invoices, the processing of travel reimbursements, and the issuing of student aid checks
• Prepares and submits the annual financial reports of the college
• Serves as the main point of contact for all required audits and financial reporting
• Approves the preparation of invoices and submits the semi-annual invoice to the Georgia Highlands College Foundation for reimbursement
• Approves the preparation of invoices for reimbursement of all authorized MRR and capital related expenditures to the Georgia State Finance and Investment Commission
• This role is designed by the institution as a Position of Trust
• Performs related duties