Part-time Student Life Programmer - Marietta Site
Georgia Highlands College
|Job Description Summary
Individual will be responsible for execution and implementation of Student Life activities and programs at the Marietta Instructional Site.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
• Previous experience in campus programming, event planning, or marketing
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, organizational and communication skills
• Knowledge of student development theory and practice, experience in student organization advising
• Must be able to lift at least thirty pounds and perform other manual labor duties.
• Planning, promoting, organizing, scheduling, supervising, implementing and evaluating student life events, programs, and activities for student, faculty and staff at the Marietta Site
• Coordinate development of student organizations and serve as a resource for members and advisors.
• Secure scheduling of facilities with Kennesaw State University as needed for programs.
• Ensure paperwork and documents are submitted and forwarded to the Director as necessary.
• Collaborate with Kennesaw State Unversity as appropriate to promote GHC students to become engaged across the campus.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of college policies/procedures
• Skill in oral and written conversation
• Desktop publishing skills a plus
• Social media experience a plus
|Special Instructions to Applicants
You must submit a resume and cover letter with application.