Administrative Assistant - Division of Humanities
Georgia Highlands College
|Job Description Summary
This position provides Administrative support to the Dean of Humanities and for the operations of the Humanities Division, which is the largest division at the college
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with completion of an Associate’s degree or sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for three to four years.
• Serves as point-of-contact for the division which includes, answering telephones; greeting visitors; providing information and assistance; relaying messages, opening, sorting and screening mail; preparing reports, coordinating office activities; picking up and delivering mail
• Creates correspondences; schedules appointments; maintains electronic calendar and contact list for Dean and faculty; maintain course syllabus, faculty directory, and prepare requisitions
• Enters class schedule into Banner; update and revise class schedule as appropriate. Process textbook orders- compile list of textbooks each semester, request new edition, enter online textbook order; order desk copy for instructors and keep a supple on hand; unpack, store and distribute textbooks to all faculty
• Maintains budget information; maintain record of departmental expenditures; amend budgets as needed
• Processes monthly purchase card reports
• Processes all travel for Humanities Dean, including pre-travel authorization, book flights, hotels ground transportation, rentals, registration fees and meeting agendas; submit all paperwork and receipts; help faculty with travel reimbursements
• Oversees the maintenance of office equipment; order, organize, and maintain an inventory of supplies for faculty
• Maintains GHAME/AAMI grant-travel authorization for 30+ members, books all travel, buses, cars, van rentals; lodging, registration; keeps a record of meeting agenda and attendees for all meetings; orders meals; purchases tickets; monitor and keep an ongoing spend down record. Maintain documents and receipts for end of year report and other GHAME reports as needed
• Assists students with registration and drop/add process; notifies students of cancelled classes; responsible for cancelling courses due to low enrollment or other issues; notifies students of cancelled classes, time or comment changes; assists students with schedule changes due to cancellations
• Performs related duties
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Skill in the provision of customer services
• Skill in oral and written communication