Administrative Assistant - Associate Degree Nursing Program
Georgia Highlands College
|Job Description Summary
This position provides administrative support for the operations of the Department of Nursing, ASN Program.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Answers telephone and greets students and visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel.
• Provides advising information and assists with recruitment for the ASN program.
• Organizes and maintains files and records for ASN faculty and students.
• Collects required documents and records from ASN students prior to enrollment.
• Assists applicants with application process.
• Prepares admission documents for the Admissions Committee and Readmission Committee.
• Participates on the Admissions Committee.
• Mails admission letters and materials to ASN program applicants.
• Oversees financial records for the Department of Nursing.
• Records minutes from Faculty and Admissions Committee meetings.
• Prepares travel requests for nursing faculty.
• Orders inventory and supplies for the nursing program.
• Assists with obtaining and maintaining articulation agreements.
• Creates ASN nursing schedules in BANNER.
• Registers first semester ASN students and other ASN students as needed.
• This role is defined by the institution as a Position of Trust.
• Perform related duties.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in the provision of customer services.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
|Special Instructions to Applicants
The offices for the Department of Nursing are located at Heritage Hall in downtown Rome.